A readiness assessment will help determine an organization’s ability to successfully implement a new process or change. It will provide information on staff readiness, organizational capacity and leadership support. An assessment will also identify potential barriers or gaps to address prior to the implementation of a No Hit Zone.
- Are appropriate resources available to implement and sustain a No Hit Zone program?
- How supportive is organizational leadership of No Hit Zone program implementation?
- How will No Hit Zone program goals, key messages and policy be communicated to staff?
- Who within the organization could be designated as a No Hit Zone program champion/resource for staff members and the community?
- What potential barriers might inhibit program implementation and what strategies could help overcome the identified challenges?
- What actions will be taken to ensure that staff members have the knowledge and training to provide supportive No Hit Zone interventions?
- What cultural considerations need to be reviewed before implementation?
- How will the community be informed of the No Hit Zone program?
- How will the organization provide opportunities for on-going feedback to support program improvement?
- What evaluation measures could support an ongoing review of the No Hit Zone program?